Sunday, September 9, 2012

SEATTLE SOUNDERS

Okay - I've started branching out and experiencing more of Washington! On Friday, Kevin and I got a tour of Capt. Ruth's carrier, the Nimitz (I was too intimidated to take any pictures, sorry..) and on Saturday, attended my first Seattle Sounders soccer game! We got into town an hour or so early so we had time to feast on some street food: 
Classic Seattle fare - Tim's jalapeno chips and a hot dog with onions and (get this) cream cheese! Yum. 
Then it was off to our awesome front row corner kick seats. 
Yes, I did have to quickly avoid a soccer ball that was flying at my face. 
The Emerald City Supporters had the most spirit of any professional sporting event I've ever been to and I greatly enjoyed listening to the cheers and jeers. One day I will learn these chants and yell them along with the motley crew!   
We ended up winning the match in the last two minutes of regulation time with a header by Eddie Johnson (trying to start memorizing the player's names...) right in front of our seats! Very exciting stuff! 

 
After the game we headed over to Ballard, one of Seattle's many neighborhoods, and saw the salmon fish ladders and the Ballard locks, which connect the Puget Sound, Lake Union and Lake Washington. We walked through beautiful Discovery Park and ate at a deliciously authentic Italian restaurant in Magnolia. To cap off the perfect day, we ended the evening at Molly Moon's, one of the top 10 ice cream shops in the country. In case you didn't know, I am mildly obsessed with ice cream. I am counting down the minutes until I crank up my ice cream maker here in Washington - extensive posts to come! I definitely need to make more trips to Molly Moon's to test out the other flavors :)  
Scout Mint
 Until next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment