Thursday, September 6, 2012

FRED MEYER

My first Washington outing was to Fred Meyer

(I know this may not be very glamorous but I've been catching up on Borrowed & Blue (did you see our launch in Napa?!), attempting to unpack a mountain of wrinkled clothes, and Kevin and I volunteered to make dinner...) 

I had never heard of said grocery store before. I am a loyal and somewhat emotional grocery store goer. I love the little foil animals on the store brand Publix foil boxes (and love Publix store brand yogurt), Harris Teeter coffee (don't tell Seattleites that) and "weave-its" (Teeter brand Triscuits)... needless to say, grocery stores are not something that I do not have an opinion about. I was a little distraught about throwing away all of my assorted grocery store tags on my key chain before we left Virginia, knowing that I may never see a Food Lion again. As we walked into Fred Meyer, I realized this was no ordinary grocery store, but more like a Wal-mart, with a friendlier staff, smaller electronics department, and to my great surprise and comfort, Kroger brand store labels! 

Now I know this was only a trip to the grocery store, but in my mind it warranted some epic quotation like "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"... 

I hope to experience more than a Washingtonian strip mall in the near future and look forward to the opportunity of interacting with my fellow left coasters! I think a good start will be attending the Seattle Sounders soccer match on Saturday. :) 

Cheers! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment