Wednesday, August 22, 2012

KAYDEE LAYDEE

Say, "I'm in a sorority" and certain thoughts pop into people's heads... typically: "OH!" or "oh..." While Atlee + Anna are my Kappa Delta "sisters for life!" they are also a couple of the most amazing, awesome people I met at UVA.  


Atlee and I shared a closet in the basement of Kappa Delta our third year. Such a small space may have had girls at each other's throats, but our five-foot-tall height advantage made room 13 just our size. We grew to love our cozy space - just big enough for two beds, one desk and one dresser, and spent night after night studying away and chatting about life. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me, Atlee! 



I don't think one day went by that Anna didn't lose her keys, wallet, purse, phone, car or some other inanimate object that just seemed to get up and walk away... but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Anna supplied me with endless days of laughter, hours of tv watching, and tons of roommate bonding. As the only fourth years living in the KD house, Anna and I felt like the queens of the upstairs and spent many-a-special occasion sipping on peach Andre and doing each other's hair. I'm somewhat surprised our ears didn't fall off after hours of talking into the night, and I will sincerely miss our g-chat conversations from across the room. Anna - I'm glad you're not spending your last year at UVA with some other, inferior, roommate. Can't wait to bunk on your couch on the Range in October! YAR!




I have awesome friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment