Thursday, October 4, 2012

DATE NIGHT

Kevin and I had a truly Left Coast Life date night last night which included one of my new favorite restaurants - Blue C Sushi! 



Please indulge my digression on my opinions about food...

I love tapas style meals. Not only are these restaurants usually home to some freaking fantastic food (MAS Tapas & Bang! in C-ville) but also encourage conversation & sharing. Not the good behavior building - you have to share your toys - type of sharing, but a truly communal experience where you get to try lots of different foods and talk about it. These restaurants force you to slow down, and enjoy good food and conversation. There was rarely a time when I didn't spend three hours at MAS sipping on sangria and savoring bacon wrapped dates or goat cheese spinach artichoke dip. You don't have to feel awkward about asking to try your date's pasta dish or your mom's salad (granted some people don't feel awkward about this anyway, but you get the point); you get to try everything anyway! And for smaller (5ft tall) people like me, getting a massive steak with a heap of mashed potatoes and asparagus at a restaurant just makes you mad when you can't finish it. Tapas style meals are the perfect portions to let you try different foods, stop when your full, or just order more if you're still hungry! 

Okay I'm done. Promise.



I'd never seen a conveyor belt of sushi before... so needless to say, I was practically giddy watching little trays of sesame noodles and tempura shrimp rolls circle around me. Kevin and I picked out a smorgasbord of delectable treats including seared tuna, pork wontons and tempura lobster, and washed it down with some moshi ice cream. In the center of the restaurant you could watch the sushi chefs wrap up inventive concoctions while anime cartoons flashed on the wall. Loved. Every. Minute. 

So if you're planning a date night out with your boyfriend, family outing with your parents, or getting together with a group of friends, tapas-style restaurants are the way. to. go. Best atmosphere, best food, best night! 

Cheers!     

No comments:

Post a Comment